Thank you for taking the time to learn about the Rutgers Robert Wood Johnson Medical School Staff Council!
The Council provides a forum for staff to voice concerns, make recommendations, and propose new ideas. Elected representatives act as liaison between staff and administration, to work together in addressing issues and developing best solutions for the majority.
The Council will focus our efforts in the following ways:
- Serve in an advisory capacity to the Dean.
- Enhance the exchange of information among staff, as well as between employees at the school.
- Examine and understand policies affecting staff and make recommendations to appropriate administrators.
- Establish standing and subcommittees as appropriate to perform the SC’s functions.
- Recommend staff to the Dean for appointment to committees.
- Maintain a supportive and rewarding workplace for staff.
- Meet on a monthly basis to discuss opinions, concerns, and recommendations through majority agreement to achieve improvements.
Additionally, the Council will:
- Establish goals consistent with the needs and vision of RWJMS and publish these goals on the Staff Council Website.
- Reevaluate goals annually develop and implement standard operating procedures, which shall include the process for an autonomous election to the Council.
- May, where staff interests are concerned, recommend RWJMS employees to serve on committees established by the Dean.
- Prepare and submit to the Dean proposals and our position on staff concerns as determined by a majority of the Council.
- Prepare and submit reports as requested by the Dean.
- Formulate, monitor, and review recommendations on development programs that affect members of the RWJMS staff.
- Not act in an advocacy role in any specific employee/employer dispute within RWJMS, nor will it assume the role of arbitrator in any such matter.
The Rutgers Robert Wood Johnson Medical School Staff Council (Council) will provide medical school employees with a forum for raising, discussing, and making recommendations on current policy and procedures to enable them to better serve the school. The Council is committed to assessing, prioritizing, and communicating staff needs, and responding to those needs through the implementation of developmental programs and job enhancing initiatives.