Suggested Applications: Medical Apps for Medical Professionals and Students
- Medscape (free) – Updated Drug reference tool, Medscape also has a diseases and conditions section along with a clinical procedures section.
- Skyscape’s Medical Bag ($1.99) A collection of clinical tools including over 30 Life Support information topics and guidelines; 50 Lab tests; over 185 Medical Calculators.
- Muscle Head and Neck System (Free) Reference application covering the muscles of the head and neck.
- Pocket Anatomy The Interactive Human Body
- Human Body 3D Anatomy ($3.99) This application includes all the major systems of the human body, showing them with complete information using 2D graphics, extensive information and 3D animations.
- iAnatomy ($0.99) This application includes over 60 actual CT scans of the chest, abdomen, and pelvis. Separate tabs provide views of bone, muscle, organ, or blood vessel labels on each image.
- ABG (Free) A multipurpose medical calculator: analyses arterial blood gasses; output a recommended FIO2, given a determined pO2, FIO2 and a desired pO2, perform hemodynamic calculations utilizing the Fick principle.
- MedCalc Medical Calculator (Free) This application is a free medical calculator that gives you easy access to a wide array of medical formulas and scores.
- The ECG Guide ($4.99) This application contains up-to-date guideline based content with over 200 illustrative high-resolution examples of common and uncommon ECGs.
- iMurmur ($0.99) Teaches you how to recognize and diagnose heart murmurs.
- ACC Pocket Guidelines (Free) This clinical practice support tool set from the American College of Cardiology Foundation includes the Tran thoracic and Tran esophageal Echocardiography (TTE/TEE) Appropriateness Criteria Tool which provides a list of common uses of echocardiography and a decision support application that helps guide physicians in the ordering of SPECT MPI for the detection and risk assessment of coronary artery disease.
- Merck Manual of Diagnosis and Therapy ($49.99) The Manual has essential information on diagnosing and treating medical disorders to help health care professionals and medical students.
- Eponyms For Students (Free) This application brings a short description of more than 1,600 common and obscure medical eponyms (e.g., Rovsing’s sign, Virchow’s node) to your iPhone or iPod touch.
- Epocrates Rx (Free) Is a drug reference guide providing monographs for 3,300 brand name and generic drugs. This application includes information on dosing, adverse reactions, interactions, pharmacology, pricing and images of the medication.
- Medical Encyclopedia (Free) This comprehensive free medical reference is from the University of Maryland Medical Center. It contains more than 50,000 pages of in-depth and consumer friendly medical information in both English and Spanish.
- Skyscape Medical Resources (Free) A collection of free Medical Information and decision support resources.
- Pocket Lab Values ($2.99) Is a companion pocket reference application while working in a hospital. It provides quick access to common lab values, quick information about a particular lab value. Has links to sites such as Wikipedia, Google, and Medline Plus.
- Medical Lab Tests ($5.99) Offers short and concise information including normal lab values of the most common clinical laboratory tests. Designed primarily for physicians, nurses and medical students.
- Mental Illness (Free) This application discusses the most important topics in mental health.
- Pediatric Care Online (PCO) (Free) Published by the American Academy of Pediatrics (AAP) and powered by Unbound Medicine, Pediatric Care Online delivers fast, to-the-point guidance on the clinical problems pediatricians face in everyday practice.
- Blausen Human Atlas ($19.99) – The Blausen Human Atlas 2.0 combines 3D medical animations with a cross-searchable medical term glossary and detailed still images.
- Medical Spanish (with audio) – $6.99 – Written by physicians to help you obtain a history, physical, and manage a Spanish-speaking patient in nearly any setting.
- MedRef ($0.99) This easy-to-use medical reference application is ideal for medical students and residents. It includes normal lab values, how to write service notes, and additional reference material that is useful while on the wards and in clinic.
- BoardReview (Free) Students can prep for their board exams by reviewing electronic drug information on their iPhone or iPod Touch.
- MCAT Prep Chemistry ($4.99) the most comprehensive Chemistry review tool for MCAT preparation. Covers General Chemistry and Organic Chemistry and includes over 500 pages worth of material.
- PubSearch: PubSearch is a fast, efficient search tool for scientists, medical professionals and students who rely on the ability to quickly access the millions of research papers indexed in PubMed.