Parima Daroui, M.D., Ph.D.
- BA, Applied Chemistry, Azad University, Tehran, Iran
- MS, Organic Chemistry, Azad University, Tehran, Iran
- M.D, Robert Wood Johnson Medical School - UMDNJ
- Ph.D., RWJMS- UMDNJ and Rutgers University Joint Biosciences Program
- Residency, Robert Wood Johnson Medical School - UMDNJ
Honors and Awards
- Gallo Award for Outstanding Cancer Research, The Cancer Institute of New Jersey, 2003
- Young Investigator Award, Department of Pharmacology, UMDNJ-Rutgers, 2002
- Young Investigator Award, Department of Pharmacology, UMDNJ-Rutgers, 2001
- Ranked first in class in Ph.D. qualifying exam, 1999
- Henry Rutgers Fellow in Graduate Program in Molecular Biosciences, 1998-1999
- Graduated as salutatorian in M.S. Organic Chemistry, 1997
- Graduated as valedictorian in B.S. Applied Chemistry, 1995
Selected Peer-Reviewed Publications for the recent 5 years:
- Daroui P , Desai SD, Li TK, Liu AA, Liu LF.Hydrogen Peroxide InducesTopoisomerase I-mediated DNA Damage and Cell Death. Journal of Biological Chemistry , Apr 9 2004 ; Vol. 279(15): pp 14587-94.
- Li TK, Houghton PJ, Desai SD, Daroui P , Liu AA, Hars ES, Ruchelman AL, LaVoie EJ, Liu LF. Characterization of ARC-111 as a Novel Topoisomerase I-Targeting Anticancer Drug. Cancer Research , Dec 1 2003 ; Vol. 63(23): pp 8400-7.
- Yujie Zhao MD PhD, Parima Daroui MD PhD , Raymond Craciun, Jorge Kourie MD, Kezia Ribeiro MD, Robert Schuman MD, “Botulism: More than Cosmetics and Age Defiance ” Feb 2007, American College of Physicians Annual Meeting, Edison NJ
- Parima Daroui, Leroy F. Liu, “Topoisomerase I-mediated Damage Induced by Oxidative Stress”,July 2005. The Annual RWJMS MD/PhD Program Symposium, Piscataway , NJ
- Parima Daroui , Hai Xiao, Nai Zhou and Leroy F. Liu, “Transcription-dependent Processing of Topoisomerase IIB Covalent Complexes Into DNA Double-Strand Breaks: Implications in Carcinogenesis” June 2003, 2003 Annual Retreat on Cancer Research in New Jersey , Princeton , NJ
- Parima Daroui , Tsai Kun Li, and Leroy F. Liu, “Hydrogen Peroxide Hypersensitivity of Yeast Cells Over-expressing Topoisomerase I”, March 2001, 92 nd Annual Meeting of the American Association for Cancer Research, New Orleans , LA
Language Skills (In addition to English)
- French; Awarded DELF and DALF diplomas of advanced French proficiency by the French Ministry of Education
- Italian; Received diploma of Italian proficiency from the University of Sienna , Sienna , Italy