J. Yue, Ph.D., FAAPM
Vice Chairman and Chief of Physics
- Medical Physics Residency: Thomas Jefferson
- Ph.D. University of Pennsylvania
- B.S. University
of Science and Technology of China
- Professor: 2006 - Present, Rutgers University (UMDNJ prior to 2013)
- Associate Director of Medical Physics: 2004 - 2006, University of Pittsburgh Medical Center
- Associate Professor: 2002 - 2004, Yale University
- Assistant Professor: 1999 - 2002, Yale University
- Fellow of American Association of Physicists in Medicine
- ASTRO Young Investigater Travel Award: 1998
- ASTRO Resident of Year: 1996
- CUSPEA: 1986
- USTC Guo Moruo Award: 1986
- Certificate of American Board of Radiology in Therapeutic
National Professional Positions:
- Board of Directors of American Association of Physicists in Medicine: 2014-
- Board of Directors of Commission on Accreditation of Medical Physics Education Programs (CAMPEP): 2015-
- President of SANTRO - Sino American Network For Therapeutic Radiology and Oncology: 2014 -
- Image Guided Radiotherapy and Image Registration
- Radiobiological Modeling.
- All aspects of radiation oncology
Publications for the Recent 5 Years:
- Ting Chen, Songbing Qin, Salma K Jabbour, Joohan Park, Bruce G. Haffty, Ning J Yue. The Motion Correlation between Lung Tumor and Heart and Its Impact on the Radiotherapy Management, in press, Radiotherapy and Oncology, 2014.
- Scher ED, Ahmed I, Yue NJ, Jabbour SK. Technical aspects of radiation therapy for anal cancer. J Gastrointest Oncol 2014 Jun; 5(3): 198-211. Doi:10.3978/j.issn.2078-6891.2014.026.
- Mayr NA, Hu KS, Liao Z, Viswanathan AN, Wall TJ, Amendola BE, Calaguas MJ, Palta JR, Yue NJ, Rengan R, Williams TR., “International Outreach: What Is the Responsibility of ASTRO and the Major International Radiation Oncology Societies?”, Int J Radiat Oncol Biol Phys. 2014 Jul 1;89(3):481-484. doi: 10.1016/j.ijrobp.2013.12.052
- Ning J. Yue, Sharad Goyal, Leonard H. Kim, Atif Khan, Bruce G. Haffty, "Patterns of Intra-fractional Motion and Uncertainties of Treatment Setup Reference Systems In Accelerated Partial Breast Irradiation for Right- and Left-sided Breast Cancer", Practical Radiation Oncology, (2014) 4, 6–12. doi:10.1016/j.prro.2012.12.003
- Miao Zhang, Wei Zou, Ting Chen, Leonard Kim, Atif Khan, Bruce Haffty and Ning J Yue, “Parameterization of brachytherapy source phase space file for Monte Carlo-based clinical brachytherapy dose calculation”, Phys. Med. Biol. 59 455. doi:10.1088/0031-9155/59/2/455,2013.
- Miao Zhang, Ting Chen, Leonard H. Kim, Carl Nelson, Molly Gabel, Venkat Narra, Bruce Haffty, Ning J. Yue, “Three-dimensional dosimetric considerations from different point A definitions in cervical cancer low-dose-rate brachytherapy”, J Contemp Brachytherapy 2013; 5, 4: 222-226.
- Rebecca J. Leeman-Neill, Lindsey Kelly, Pengyuan Liu, Alina V. Brenner, Mark P. Little, Tetiana I. Bogdanova, Viktoria Evdokimova, Maureen Hatch, Liudmyla Y. Zurnadzy, Marina N. Nikiforova, Ning J. Yue, Miao Zhang, Kiyohiko Mabuchi,Mykola D. Tronko, Yuri E. Nikiforov. “ETV6-NTRK3 is a common chromosomal rearrangement in radiation-associated thyroid cancer”, Cancer. 2013 Dec 10. doi: 10.1002/cncr.28484.
- Songbing Qin, Miao Zhang, Sung Kim, Ting Chen, Leonard H Kim, Bruce G Haffty, Ning Yue, “A Systematic Approach to Statistical Analysis in Dosimetry and Patient-Specific IMRT Plan Verification Measurements”, Radiat Oncol. 2013 Sep 30;8(1):225. doi: 10.1186/1748-717X-8-225.
- Songbing Qin, Ting Chen, Lili Wang, Yu Tu, Ning Yue, Juying Zhou, “Angular Dependence of MOSFET dosimeter and its Impact on in vivo Surface Dose Measurement in Breast Cancer Treatment”, Technol Cancer Res Treat. 2014 Aug;13(4):345-52. doi: 10.7785/tcrt.2012.500382
- Aneesh Pirlamarla; Adam Ferro; Ning J Yue; Bruce G Haffty; Sharad Goyal, “Optimization of Surgical Clip Placement for Breast-Conservation Therapy”, Practical Radiation Oncology, 2014; 4(3):153-9. Doi:10.1016/j.prro.2013.07.013.
- Leonard Kim, Venkat Narra, Ning Yue, “Heterogeneity-corrected vs –uncorrected critical structure maximum point doses in breast balloon brachytherapy”, Med Dosim. 2013 Summer; 38(2):196-8. doi: 10.1016/j.meddos.2012.10.010.
- Ting Chen, Salma Jabbour , Songbing Qin , Bruce G Haffty , Ning J. Yue, “Objected Constrained Registration and Manifold Learning: A New Patient Setup Approach in Image Guided Radiation Therapy of Thoracic Cancer”, Med Phys. 2013 Apr;40(4):041710. doi: 10.1118/1.4794489.
- Ning J. Yue, Bruce G. Haffty, Thomas Kearney, Laurie Kirstein, Sining Chen, Sharad Goyal, "Tracking the Dynamic Seroma Cavity using Fiducial Markers in Patients Treated with Accelerated Partial Breast Irradiation using 3-D Conformal Radiotherapy", Med Phys. 2013 Feb;40(2):021717. doi:10.1118/1.4788644.
- Kim, L.H., Zhang, M., Howell, R., Yue, N.J., and Khan, A.J. Technical Note: Contrast solution density and cross section errors in inhomogeneity-corrected dose calculation for breast balloon brachytherapy [technical note]. Med Phys 2013; 40:011703
- Miao Zhang, Songbing Qin, Ting Chen, Sung Kim, Salma Jabbour, Bruce Haffty, Ning J. Yue, A Clinical Objective IMRT QA Method Based on Portal Dosimetry and Electronic Portal Imager Device (EPID) Measurement, Technol Cancer Res Treat., 2012, in press.
- Weihua Fu, Yong Yang, Ning J. Yue, Saiful M. Huq, "Dosimetric influences of rotational setup errors on head and neck carcinoma intensity-modulated radiation therapy treatments", Med. Dosim. 2012, in press.
- Ahmet Tunceroglu, Joo Han Park, Sairam Balasubramanian, Matthew Poppe, Christopher Anker, Elizabeth A. Poplin, Rebecca Moss, Ning Yue, Darren Carpizo, Christopher Gannon, Bruce G. Haffty and Salma K. Jabbour, "Dose-Painted Intensity Modulated Radiation Therapy Improves Local Control for Locally Advanced Pancreas Cancer," ISRN Oncology, 2012, in press.
- Kim, L.H., Goyal S., Haffty, B.G., Taunk, N.K., and Yue, N.J. Using respiratory motion to guide planning target volumes for external beam partial breast irradiation [editorial]. Int J Radiat Oncol Biol Phys 2012; 82:1303-1306.
- Lydia L. Handsfield, Ning J. Yue, Jinghao Zhou, Ting Chen, Sharad Goyal, "Determination of Optimal Fiducial Marker Across Image Guided Radiation Therapy (IGRT) Modalities: Visibility and Artifact Analysis of Gold, Carbon, and Polymer Fiducial Markers," Journal of Applied Clinical Medical Physics. 2012, 13 (5): 181-189.
- Ning J. Yue, Akshar Patel, Bruce G. Haffty, Sung Kim, "Efficacy of Fiducial Marker-based IGRT in Prostate Tomotherapy and Potential Dose Coverage Improvement Using a Patient Positioning Optimization Method",
Practical Radiation Oncology, 2012 (2): 138-144.
- Jason S. White, Ning Yue, Jing Hu and Christopher J. Bakkenist, “The ATM kinase signaling induced by the low-energy β-particles emitted by 33P is essential for the suppression of chromosome aberrations and is greater than that induced by the energetic β-particles emitted by 32P”, Mutation Research - Fundamental and Molecular Mechanisms of Mutagenesis, 2011,708: 28-36.
- N. J. Yue, S. Goyal, J. Zhou, A. Khan, B.G. Haffty, “Intra-fractional Target Motions and Uncertainties of Various Treatment Setup Reference Systems in Accelerated Partial Breast Irradiation”, Int J Radiat Oncol Biol Phys. 2011 Apr 1;79(5):1549-56.
- Liu B, Yang L, Kulikowski C, Zhou J, Gong L, Foran DJ, Jabbour SJ, Yue NJ, “An adaptive tracking algorithm of lung tumors in fluoroscopy using online learned collaborative trackers”, Proc IEEE Int Symp Biomed Imaging. 2010 Apr 1;2010:209-212.
- T. Chen, S. Kim, S. Goyal, S. Jabbour, J. Zhou, G. Rajagopal, B.G. Haffty, N. J. Yue, “Object-Constrained Meshless Deformable Algorithm for High Speed 3D Non-rigid Registration between CT and CBCT", Med. Phys. 37(1):
- J. Zhou, S. Kim, S. Jabbour, S. Goyal, B. Haffty, T. Chen, L.L. Levinson, D. Metaxas, N. J. Yue, “A 3D global-to-local deformable mesh model based registration and anatomy-constrained segmentation method for image guided prostate radiotherapy,” Med. Phys. 37 (3): 1298-1380, 2010.
- T. Shaikh, T. Chen, A. J. Khan, N. J. Yue, A. Cohler, B. G. Haffty, S. Goyal, “Improvement in Inter-Observer Accuracy in Delineation of the Lumpectomy Cavity Using Fiducial Markers”,
Int J Radiat Oncol Biol Phys., 15;78(4):1127-34, 2010.
- S. Goyal, K. Osusky, M. Gabel, N. J. Yue, V. Narra, “A novel method of island blocking in whole abdominal radiotherapy using a modified electronic tissue compensation technique,” Medical Dosimetry
- N. Yue, Z. Chen, R. Hearn, J. Rodgers, R. Nath, "Time Dependence of Energy Spectra of Brachytherapy Sources and Its Impact on the Half and the Tenth Value Layers," Med. Phys. 36(11): 5175-5182, 2009.
- G. Ezzell, J. Burmeister, N. Dogan, T. LoSasso, D. Mihailidis, A. Molineu , J. Palta , C. Ramsey , B. Salter , J. Shi , P. Xia , N. Yue, Y. Xiao, "IMRT Commissioning: Multiple Institution Planning and Dosimetry Comparisons, A Report from AAPM Task Group 119," Med. Phys. 36 (11) 5359-5373, 2009.
- T. Chen, S. Kim, J Zhou, G. Rajagopal, D.N. Metaxas, N. Yue, “3D Meshless Prostate Segmentation and Registration in Image Guided Radiotherapy,” Med Image Comput Comput Assist Interv Int Conf Med Image Comput Comput Assist Interv.
(1) 43-50, 2009.
- H.C. Chen, A. Wu, E.D. Brandner, D.E. Heron, M.S. Huq, N. J. Yue, W.C. Chen, “Dosimetric evaluations of the interplay effect in respiratory-gated intensity-modulated radiation therapy,” Med. Phys. 36(3): 893-903;2009.
- W Fu, Y. Yang, N. J. Yue, D. E. Heron, M.S. Huq, “A cone beam CT-guided online plan modification technique to correct interfractional anatomic changes for prostate cancer IMRT treatment,” Phys Med Biol. 54(6):1691-1703;2009.