J. Yue, Ph.D., FAAPM
Vice Chairman and Chief of Physics
- Medical Physics Residency: Thomas Jefferson
- Ph.D. University of Pennsylvania
- B.S. University
of Science and Technology of China
- Fellow of American Association of Physicists in Medicine
- Member of AAPM Brachytherapy Subcommittee
- ASTRO Young Investigater Travel Award: 1998
- ASTRO Resident of Year: 1996
- CUSPEA: 1986
- USTC Guo Moruo Award: 1986
- Certificate of American Board of Radiology in Therapeutic
- Image Guided Radiotherapy and Image Registration
- Radiobiological Modeling.
- All aspects of radiation oncology
Publications for the Recent 5 Years:
- Ning J. Yue, Bruce G. Haffty, Thomas Kearney, Laurie Kirstein, Sining Chen, Sharad Goyal, "Tracking the Dynamic Seroma Cavity using Fiducial Markers in Patients Treated with Accelerated Partial Breast Irradiation using 3-D Conformal Radiotherapy", Med. Phys., 2013, in press.
- Ning J. Yue, Sharad Goyal, Leonard H. Kim, Atif Khan, Bruce G. Haffty, "Patterns of Intra-fractional Motion and Uncertainties of Treatment Setup Reference Systems In Accelerated Partial Breast Irradiation for Right- and Left-sided Breast Cancer", Practical Radiation Oncology, 2013, in press
- Kim, L.H., Zhang, M., Howell, R., Yue, N.J., and Khan, A.J. Technical Note: Contrast solution density and cross section errors in inhomogeneity-corrected dose calculation for breast balloon brachytherapy [technical note]. Med Phys 2013; 40:011703
- Miao Zhang, Songbing Qin, Ting Chen, Sung Kim, Salma Jabbour, Bruce Haffty, Ning J. Yue, A Clinical Objective IMRT QA Method Based on Portal Dosimetry and Electronic Portal Imager Device (EPID) Measurement, Technol Cancer Res Treat., 2012, in press.
- Weihua Fu, Yong Yang, Ning J. Yue, Saiful M. Huq, "Dosimetric influences of rotational setup errors on head and neck carcinoma intensity-modulated radiation therapy treatments", Med. Dosim. 2012, in press.
- Ahmet Tunceroglu, Joo Han Park, Sairam Balasubramanian, Matthew Poppe, Christopher Anker, Elizabeth A. Poplin, Rebecca Moss, Ning Yue, Darren Carpizo, Christopher Gannon, Bruce G. Haffty and Salma K. Jabbour, "Dose-Painted Intensity Modulated Radiation Therapy Improves Local Control for Locally Advanced Pancreas Cancer," ISRN Oncology, 2012, in press.
- Kim, L.H., Goyal S., Haffty, B.G., Taunk, N.K., and Yue, N.J. Using respiratory motion to guide planning target volumes for external beam partial breast irradiation [editorial]. Int J Radiat Oncol Biol Phys 2012; 82:1303-1306.
- Lydia L. Handsfield, Ning J. Yue, Jinghao Zhou, Ting Chen, Sharad Goyal, "Determination of Optimal Fiducial Marker Across Image Guided Radiation Therapy (IGRT) Modalities: Visibility and Artifact Analysis of Gold, Carbon, and Polymer Fiducial Markers," Journal of Applied Clinical Medical Physics. 2012, 13 (5): 181-189.
- Ning J. Yue, Akshar Patel, Bruce G. Haffty, Sung Kim, "Efficacy of Fiducial Marker-based IGRT in Prostate Tomotherapy and Potential Dose Coverage Improvement Using a Patient Positioning Optimization Method",
Practical Radiation Oncology, 2012 (2): 138-144.
- Jason S. White, Ning Yue, Jing Hu and Christopher J. Bakkenist, “The ATM kinase signaling induced by the low-energy β-particles emitted by 33P is essential for the suppression of chromosome aberrations and is greater than that induced by the energetic β-particles emitted by 32P”, Mutation Research - Fundamental and Molecular Mechanisms of Mutagenesis, 2011,708: 28-36.
- N. J. Yue, S. Goyal, J. Zhou, A. Khan, B.G. Haffty, “Intra-fractional Target Motions and Uncertainties of Various Treatment Setup Reference Systems in Accelerated Partial Breast Irradiation”, Int J Radiat Oncol Biol Phys. 2011 Apr 1;79(5):1549-56.
- Liu B, Yang L, Kulikowski C, Zhou J, Gong L, Foran DJ, Jabbour SJ, Yue NJ, “An adaptive tracking algorithm of lung tumors in fluoroscopy using online learned collaborative trackers”, Proc IEEE Int Symp Biomed Imaging. 2010 Apr 1;2010:209-212.
- T. Chen, S. Kim, S. Goyal, S. Jabbour, J. Zhou, G. Rajagopal, B.G. Haffty, N. J. Yue, “Object-Constrained Meshless Deformable Algorithm for High Speed 3D Non-rigid Registration between CT and CBCT", Med. Phys. 37(1):
- J. Zhou, S. Kim, S. Jabbour, S. Goyal, B. Haffty, T. Chen, L.L. Levinson, D. Metaxas, N. J. Yue, “A 3D global-to-local deformable mesh model based registration and anatomy-constrained segmentation method for image guided prostate radiotherapy,” Med. Phys. 37 (3): 1298-1380, 2010.
- T. Shaikh, T. Chen, A. J. Khan, N. J. Yue, A. Cohler, B. G. Haffty, S. Goyal, “Improvement in Inter-Observer Accuracy in Delineation of the Lumpectomy Cavity Using Fiducial Markers”,
Int J Radiat Oncol Biol Phys., 15;78(4):1127-34, 2010.
- S. Goyal, K. Osusky, M. Gabel, N. J. Yue, V. Narra, “A novel method of island blocking in whole abdominal radiotherapy using a modified electronic tissue compensation technique,” Medical Dosimetry
- N. Yue, Z. Chen, R. Hearn, J. Rodgers, R. Nath, "Time Dependence of Energy Spectra of Brachytherapy Sources and Its Impact on the Half and the Tenth Value Layers," Med. Phys. 36(11): 5175-5182, 2009.
- G. Ezzell, J. Burmeister, N. Dogan, T. LoSasso, D. Mihailidis, A. Molineu , J. Palta , C. Ramsey , B. Salter , J. Shi , P. Xia , N. Yue, Y. Xiao, "IMRT Commissioning: Multiple Institution Planning and Dosimetry Comparisons, A Report from AAPM Task Group 119," Med. Phys. 36 (11) 5359-5373, 2009.
- T. Chen, S. Kim, J Zhou, G. Rajagopal, D.N. Metaxas, N. Yue, “3D Meshless Prostate Segmentation and Registration in Image Guided Radiotherapy,” Med Image Comput Comput Assist Interv Int Conf Med Image Comput Comput Assist Interv.
(1) 43-50, 2009.
- H.C. Chen, A. Wu, E.D. Brandner, D.E. Heron, M.S. Huq, N. J. Yue, W.C. Chen, “Dosimetric evaluations of the interplay effect in respiratory-gated intensity-modulated radiation therapy,” Med. Phys. 36(3): 893-903;2009.
- W Fu, Y. Yang, N. J. Yue, D. E. Heron, M.S. Huq, “A cone beam CT-guided online plan modification technique to correct interfractional anatomic changes for prostate cancer IMRT treatment,” Phys Med Biol. 54(6):1691-1703;2009.
- S. Goyal, A. Cohler, J. Camporeale, V. Narra, N. J. Yue, “Intensity-modulated radiation therapy for orbital lymphoma,” Radiat Med. 26(10): 573-81; 2008.
- H. Song, Z. Chen, N. Yue, Q. Wu, F.F. Yin, “Ice as a water – equivalent solid medium for brachytherapy dosimetric measurements,” Radiat Environ Biophys 48(2):145-51; 2008.
- N.J. Yue, S. Kim, B.E. Lewis, S. Jabbour, V. Narra, S. Goyal, and B.G. Haffty, “Optimization of couch translational corrections to compensate for rotational and deformable target deviations in image guided radiotherapy,” Med. Phys. 35 (10): 4375-4385; 2008.
- D. Michalski, M. Sontag, F. Li, R.S. de Andrade, I. Uslene, E.D. Brandner, D. E. Heron, N. Yue, M.S. Huq, “Four-dimensional computed tomography-based interfractional reproducibility study of lung tumor intrafractional motion,”
Int J Radiat Oncol Biol Phys. 71(3):714-24;2008.
- Ning J. Yue, "Energy Spectrum Based Calculation
of the Half and the Tenth Value Layers for Brachytherapy Sources
Using a Semi-Empirical Parameterized Mass Attenuation Coefficient
Formulism", Med. Phys. 35(6): 2286-2293, 2008.
- S. Goyal, NJ Yue, R Millevoi, E Kagan, BG Haffty,
V Narra, "Improvement in dose homogeneity with electronic
tissue compensation over IMRT and conventional RT in whole brain
radiotherapy", Radiother Oncol . 2008 Aug; 88 ( 2 ): 196-201.
- C Ozhasoglu, CB Saw, H Chen , S Burton, K Komanduri, NJ
Yue, MS Huq, DE Heron, "Synchrony - cyberknife respiratory
compensation technology", Med Dosim. 33(2):117-23, 2008.