Ning J. Yue, PhD, FAAPM, DABR
Chief of Physics
Professor and Executive Vice Chairman
Donald H. Jacobs Chair in Applied Physics
In the Department of Radiation Oncology, the role of the Radiation Physics Division is to provide clinical support, education of radiological physics, and to conduct research and development. Treatment planning, dosimetry measurement and calibration, system quality assurance, implementation, introduction of new technologies and new equipment are all part of the clinical support radiation physicists and dosimetrists routinely provide. Radiation physicists and dosimetrists are responsible for teaching principles of radiological physics and various dosimetric techniques to radiation oncology residents, physicist trainees, dosimetrist students and therapist students. One of the major responsibilities and missions of our radiation physics group is to actively initiate and participate in research and development of new techniques, technologies and clincial protocols.
Message from the Chief of Dosimetry
Rihan Davis, BS, CMD
Medical dosimetrists fulfill a unique and demanding role within the Department of Radiation Oncology. Providing expert consultation to radiation oncologists, physicists, residents and radiation therapists on treatment planning, simulation and treatment setup and delivery. Our dosimetrists have a vast knowledge of the technical aspects of radiation oncology. Our medical dosimetrists are nationally certified and participate in departmental education, research and national research protocols. Our clinical affiliation with Thomas Jefferson University's medical dosimetry program provides a dynamic academic environment within the physics department.
Physicists and Dosimetrists
- Chingyun Cheng, Ph.D., Assistant Professor
- Taoran Cui, Ph.D., DABR, Assistant Professor
- Rihan Davis, B.S.,C.M.D, Chief Dosimetrist
- Abhishek Dwivedi, M.S., DABR, Assistant Professor
- Bernard Gilson, C.M.D., Dosimetrist
- Bo Liu, Ph.D., Assistant Professor
- Chi Ma, Ph.D., DABR, Instructor
- Kelly McKenna, C.M.D., Dosimetrist
- Ke Nie, Ph.D. DABR, Associate Professor
- Meral Reyhan, PhD, DABR, Assistant Professor
- Irina Vergalasova, Ph.D., DABR, Assistant Professor
- Chelsea Vickery, Dosimetrist
- Xiao Wang, PhD, DABR, Assistant Professor
- Keying Xu, Ph.D., Assistant Professor
- Ning J. Yue, Ph.D. FAAPM, DABR, Professor
- Yin Zhang, Ph.D. DABR, Assistant Professor
- Jinghao Zhou, Ph.D., DABR, Associate Professor
Medical Physics Residents
- Yanjing Li, M.S., Ph.D.
- Joshua Kilian-Meneghin, M.S., Ph.D.
- Jiahua Zhu, Ph.D.
- Image Process and Registration
- Radiobiological Modeling
- 4D Dosimetry