Application and Requirements
The Center for Dermatology will be interviewing for 1 position and will have virtual interviews on Thursday December 10.
The institution has formal policies regarding: Resident eligibility, Resident selection, and criteria for selection of residents, evaluation of residents, promotion of residents, and dismissal of residents. These policies are found in the Graduate Medical Education Policy Manual of the school, which is available in print and on-line versions. Specific features utilized by the dermatology division are provided below.
The following credentials are collected for each candidate for a house staff position:
- ERAS application
- dean’s letter
- medical school transcript
- copy of medical school diploma or verification of graduation from the medical school
- and two letters of reference from faculty familiar with the individual’s performance (one letter must be from the former Chief of Service or Program Director).
- An ECFMG Certificate or ECFMG letter must be verified in writing by the Program Director. All candidates chosen for an interview must meet with the Program Director.
The Dermatology Resident Training program at Rutgers RWJMS is accredited as a three-year program of GME beginning after a broad based clinical year of training (PGY-1).
- Applicants for the residency must have successfully completed one year of an approved internship/ residency program accredited by the ACGME or the Royal College of Physicians in Canada and provide proof of such.
- The Selection Committee, headed by the Program Director, chooses from among eligible applicants on the basis of their preparedness, aptitude, academic credentials, personal recommendations, and qualities such as motivation, integrity and communication skills.
- The Dermatology Resident Training Program participates in the National Residency Training Program (NRMP) in accordance with the terms of the agreement.
- It is the policy of Rutgers RWJMS to provide equal opportunity to all applicants for appointment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, marital status, veteran status, age, sex, sexual orientation or affectional preference, and without regard to disability or handicap of qualified persons within the meaning and subject to the conditions applicable under federal, state and city laws.
Program Assistant/ Residency Program Coordinator