The General Surgery Residency program at Rutgers-Robert Wood Johnson is committed to training competent and professional surgeons who value high quality patient care. Our program endeavors to create an environment of learning where Residents can flourish as both leaders and teachers. The aim of the program is to graduate surgeons who will make a positive impact on their chosen field though academic and clinical excellence. Professionalism, integrity, and accountability are mainstays of the program.
- Providing the best training to our residents
- Fostering an environment of inquiry with a competent teaching staff
- Taking part in innovative medical research
- Providing patient-centered, evidence-based medicine
- Providing the best possible care to patients
Our program offers the General Surgery resident the opportunity to reach their maximal potential personally and professionally. Ultimately the General Surgery Residency program at Rutgers-Robert Wood Johnson will afford our graduates the skills and knowledge necessary to become the future leaders of academic surgery.