As a free clinic, we are only allowed to serve uninsured patients eligible for Charity Care. Please refer to the Frequently Asked Questions below for more information.
Who is eligible for care at The HIPHOP Promise Clinic?
- Uninsured patients who are eligible for Charity Care.
- Adults: Individuals older than 18 years.
- Clients of Elijah’s Promise Soup Kitchen.
You must satisfy all three of these requirements. To see if you qualify, please call (732) 406-9131 or ask Patient Recruitment Committee members Monday or Wednesday night at Elijah’s Promise Soup Kitchen.
How can I set up an appointment at The HIPHOP Promise Clinic?
- Participate in blood pressure screenings at Elijah’s Promise on Monday or Wednesday evenings to set up an appointment with Patient Recruitment Committee members.
- Contact Patient Recruitment Coordinator if you are unable to be screened: Josh Rowe email@example.com. You may also contact Yvette Molina, Director of Community Services at (732) 545-9002 Extension: 116 or at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- We require that you provide some form of some contact information (email or phone number) for appointment reminders. It can be yours, or that of a family member, or friend you trust and can easily reach you.
What services does The HIPHOP Promise Clinic provide for its patients?
- Continuous primary medical care including: management of chronic medical conditions (hypertension, diabetes, etc), acute illnesses (sick visits), preventative medicine and social support.
- Physical examinations, medications vouchers for prescription medication, basic laboratory testing and EKGs.
- Referrals to specific specialty care services through the Specialty Care Committee.
- Psychiatry consults through RWJ Psychiatry Residents.
Unfortunately, we CANNOT see pregnant women for prenatal care at the clinic or Patients with HIV We will be happy to refer patients with HIV can see providers who specialize in HIV.
Does the clinic see Spanish speaking patients? ¿Se habla español?
Yes, we have certified Spanish translators available for visits and select specialty care visits. Many student doctors also have a basic Spanish vocabulary. If you need interpretation services, just let us know when you set up an appointment.
Sí, tenemos los traductores certificado en español que puede asistir a tus citas y algunas citas de “specialty care.” Muchos de los estudiantes también saben hablar un poquito de español. Si necesitas servicios de traducción, avísennos cuándo haces una cita.
Who can I contact if I have additional/unanswered questions?
Patient eligibility: Our Patient Recruitment Coordinator can answer these questions for you. Josh Rowe: email@example.com.
Appointments: Schedulers or Communications can confirm or cancel appointments for you. We are available by phone: (732) 406-9131